Monday, May 09, 2022

How as Premier Doug Ford Affected Your Personal Life?

 How has Premier Ford of Ontario impacted you? This is how his government has impacted me:

  • saved me $120/year on license sticker renewal
  • cancelled tolls on 412 and 418, giving me more choices
  • cut Toronto's city council in half, thus reducing the number of useless politicians
  • rolled back 2015 sex ed curriculum which had lessons addressing same-sex relationships, gender identity and masturbation
  • cancelled Cap and Trade, and Energy Green Act, which is saving me tax on gas I pay at the pump
  • halted opening of safe injection sites, which means there won't be junkies loitering in my neighborhood
  • lowered the hydro rate for me, which meant my utility bills are lower
  • rolled back Pharmacare (OHIP+), which meant my kids' medicines were no longer free, but I get most of it paid through my work insurance; if I didn't have that it would continue to be free
  • Scrapped the Drive Clean Program so I don't have to take my car to a useless emissions test that has nothing to do with the environment anyways
  • Froze hiring in public sector and limited the wage raise to 1%, which affects my profession in a time of global record inflation


No comments: