Thursday, March 18, 2021

Lego 21325 || Medieval Village || One of the best Lego sets of ALL time!

 I recently purchased the Lego 21325: Medieval Blacksmith set. I honestly did not realize just how much fun this set would be!

When the set was released in February, I put a video out that I was NOT going to buy this set ... immediately. When I finally did purchase it in March, it was because they had included the Amelia Earhart promo.


The real joy of new adult-aimed sets like this compared to my childhood sets is all the interior details. Sure, they're not that visible once it's finished, but they add so much to the build experience. 



I spaced out the build over several days so I could enjoy it more. If you followed me on Instagram you would have seen the build develop over time in my stories.


This set instantly reminded me of the classic Lego Kingdoms sets and the Castle sets. A blast from the past and when I was constructing this beautiful building, I wanted more. More medieval buildings to construct a town. Please, LEGO!


Adding the light brick, and the way it is positioned under some translucent bricks, is truly genius and must be experienced first hand. It really does look like the forge is hot and ready to melt iron!


Every bag had different colours and pieces, interesting building techniques and something interesting to explore. It felt like a real trip down memory lane and was filled with nostalgia, yet when compared to the previous Blacksmith sets, it was actually far more sophisticated. What was even better was that each bag was actually LESS building than the bag before, leading to a race to the finish!


Here's the finished product. I put it on a baseplate with some additional tiles so it becomes easy to lift and maneuver. I also added one extra blacksmith (perhaps an apprentice?) minifig that I had in my inventory.



The two Black Falcons minifigures are a throwback to an earlier Lego Medieval/Castle era, one which I hope they bring back!



The only negative thing I could say about the Blacksmith set is the tree. It took some time to build, had lots of little pieces, and LOT of repeat steps, but in the end, the final look is only somewhat worth it.


Much like the Ideas Old Fishing Store, this set is packed full of detail and interesting building techniques. Each building floor is removable, as well as the roof for playability. This makes a great display piece as well. 


Lots of extra shield, knight headgear and ingots, as well as other stuff in the forge.



Details! Details! Details! The light-up forge, the upstairs fireplace, the writing desk with quill and ink pot, the bed with colorful quilt, and the kitchen range complete with stewpot are just delightful! 




I loved the roof detailing with the Nexo knight shields. They were so much fun to place! The roof gives the appearance of an old building, with some moss, and some missing shingles. 



And again, in true modular style, you can take off even the roof to display the interiors. I was surprised Lego went all out - we even have a bearskin rug!



Overall this is an extremely fun to build set, and fun to play set, and fun to display set. Worth every dollar, and highly recommended!

No comments: