(played to the tune of Somebody Is Gonna Get Hurt by Russel Peters)
(Note, I said someone's marriage, so no stupid comments about moi!)
- Your mother asks you if there is a hyphen between the words 'bio' and 'data'.
- Your father suddenly has Hossain uncle from the travel agency on speed dial.
- Your cousins are downloading henna patterns from the Web, and it's not even Eid.
- Your mother is suddenly friends with that "flower lady" from the local mall.
- Your mother goes "maybe it's time you did a Ph.D?" even though it's zero significance to your job.
- When you are planning a Vegas trip, your parents hint that you should save that 2G for a more "fruitful" trip.
- Your mother (it's the mother again!) suddenly going "maybe we should ALL eat more vegetables" *hint hint*.
- Your mother signs your email up at the "Daily Indian Recipes Made Easy" website.
- Suddenly you are being invited to all these ladies' tafseers.
- A phone call from the local telemarketer selling you long distance to Jamaica becomes a source of concern to your father because it was a guy on the phone.