Friday, January 01, 2010

2009 - My Year In Review

2009 holds some fond memories for me, with the most being my honeymoon in Europe. In my (sort-of) annual blog tradition(!) I will post a recap of the year.

In January I had just returned from touring the fabulous West Coast of USA. While personally 2009 had started with a refreshing holiday, it was sad for the people of Gaza for whom the punishment never seems to stop.

February is traditionally remembered in Bangladesh for being Mother Language Day and some cultural celebrations in Toronto drove home this point brilliantly. Obamania took over Canada and led to the brilliant words of Thomas Walkom, "in the end, he's their guy not ours". And oh, Star Trek is for geeks. More cultural shows (Brittanto of U of T) followed in March, and I finally completed the West Coast diaries.

In May, Archie chose Veronica. Perhaps.

July was my signature month of the year. I finally went on an European honeymoon, something I had long wanted to do. We did London, Paris, Basel and Lucerne, Zurich, Venice, Florence, Pisa and Rome.

Of course August marked the mysterious case of Furqan. Ramadan started and then I saw someone die. Come Eid, and this time someone close to us passed away. Thanksgiving was the highlight of October, while, er, November's highlight would be me giving in to the Twitter phenomenon (I still don't know what the point of it is, though!).

December's big event would be the release of Avatar, which I didn't review on my blog but watched it on the opening weekend and it's a movie that takes movies to a whole new level.

And now, as December 2009 passes away, I wish all the readers of this blog and to everyone everywhere a very Happy New Year, and may this year usher in a lot of good to a world desperately needing it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you & your family!

Farah said...

A very Happy New Year to you and everyone you love!

'liya said...

Happy new year Mezba :D

I like these recap posts!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you too!
Lat

mezba said...

Sunehra, thanks! Happy New Year!

Farah, thank you and same to you.

Liya, thanks and good wishes to you and V too!

Lat, thank you and same to you!