Thursday, January 20, 2011

South Asia Diaries - Prologue



I am back!

I was off for a month, mostly to visit relatives, but was also able to squeeze in some sightseeing in a very hectic but fun filled vacation.

I visited the beautiful city of Abu Dhabi and the tourist hub that is Dubai ...


I was off to exotic India, where we stayed in Kolkata, Delhi, Agra and Jaipur ...


... and finally home to Shonar Bangladesh, where we visited Dhaka and Rangpur.


I just got back, it's 4 am and for some reason I am wide awake. My relatives and my fun times, I will miss you. Jet lag, I won't!

Now off to sort from over 2000 pictures ...

9 comments:

Nadia said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to read your travel posts.

Safiyyah said...

Welcome home, dear Mezba

Tauqeer said...

Welcome back.

Loginbd said...

Welcome Back....

Misha said...

Welcome back to snowy Toronto :) Looking forwards to reading your posts routinely again!

Musa said...

Welcome back :)
So yet again you pass by the UAE and we dont get to meet ?!

Funnily I too will have visited the same 3 countries that you have, but only over 3 months, and not in 1 month as you have done
Hope you enjoyed your trip;

Az said...

Glad to see that you enjoyed your holiday. And fantastic pics. Makes me wish I was on a permanent holiday ;)

Anonymous said...

Eagerly awaiting to hear all about India!

- 'liya
man I don't even remember my password to sign in :S

mezba said...

@Nadia, thanks. I will have to get started on them soon, the World Cup of cricket is coming, that requires its own posts! :-)

@Luckyfatima, it was a nice break.

@Safiyya, thanks, nothing like sleeping in one's own bed after a month of living out of the suitcase.

@Tauqeer, thanks.

@Loginbd, thank you.

@Misha, it IS cold here! The good thing about travelling for most of January is that you only have one month of hard winter left (February) to go through before it starts to warm up (hopefully).

@Musa, ah, if I had remembered! Actually we were in UAE for a very, very short while. I wish I had more vacation. 1 month is hard to get here!

@Azra, haha don't we all... I envy some of those TV people that get paid big bucks to travel to exotic locations.

@Liya, I am going to make you wait a bit... :-P